ASSOCIATE COUNCIL FAQ
What is the Associate Council?
The Associate Council consists of young professionals who are interested in supporting the work of the Chicago Public Library and the Chicago Public Library Foundation.
How can I join the Associate Council?
Associate Council members must make an annual gift of $150 to the Chicago Public Library Foundation. These tax-deductible gifts support important Library programs such as the Summer Learning Challenge, Teachers in the Library, and CyberNavigators. Learn more about these programs here [internal link].
What are the benefits of the Associate Council?
Membership benefits of the Associate Council include:
- Special rate to the Carl Sandburg Literary Awards Dinner – $350 ticket (65% discount!)
- Invitations to Associate Council and networking events throughout the year
- The chance to get reserved seating for Library author talks and events
- Chicago Public Library t-shirt
How is the Associate Council different from the Associate Board?
The Associate Council is a special donor level for the Chicago Public Library Foundation, designed to engage young professionals in the work of the Foundation and specifically the Associate Board. The Associate Board is an invitation-only membership body, created to support the Foundation’s work through fundraising and friend-raising events. Many members of the Associate Board first become involved with the Chicago Public Library Foundation by becoming donors at the Associate Council level.
Are there any events coming up that I can participate in?
- Visit our
I have more questions. Who can I speak with?
- For more information on how you can get involved, contact our Membership Chair at