Join the Sandburg Society of the Chicago Public Library Foundation
Empowering the Curios at Chicago Public Library
The Sandburg Society is a circle of valued supporters who help bring innovation, learning, and discovery to every neighborhood of our city through annual gifts of $1,000 or more. In thanks for this high-level, sustained giving, Sandburg Society members are more deeply connected to the Library’s work through advance copies of One Book, One Chicago selections; preferred access to author and literary events; invitations to neighborhood branch tours; and more.
The Sandburg Society helps open minds, strengthen communities, and change lives. Consider what tour annual gift can help accomplish at Chicago Public Library:
- $1,000 – The cost for 150 kids to participate in the city-wide Summer Learning Challenge, which engages more than 100,000 young participants every year in fun STEAM learning that encourages collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
- $2,500 – Support 125 hours of a specialist who will help patrons prototype and create with 3D printers, laser cutters, milling machines and other high tech tools available in the city’s only free makerspace.
- $5,000 – Could infuse a neighborhood branch early learning space with colorful toys, books, and programs grounded in Talk, Sing, Read, Write, and Play—the five practices essential to brain development and literacy.
- $10,000 – Provide middle and high school students with access to over 300 hours of support from a caring adult mentor at one of the Library’s 12 current YOUmedia locations. These energetic 21st century teen learning labs inspire teens to pursue their passions and prepare for post-secondary success.
- $15,000 – Sponsor a Teacher in the Library at a neighborhood branch during the school year. These accredited educators provide free, bilingual, one-on-one homework help to more than 4,500 local K-12 students each year!
- $20,000 – Sponsor a CyberNavigator at a neighborhood branch for a full year. These tech-savvy computer tutors help Chicagoans gain important digital skills so they can find jobs, continue their education, connect with families and friends, and much more.
- $50,000 – Adopt a neighborhood Chicago Public Library branch for an entire year, making possible a full suite of year-round discovery and learning for everyone from the very youngest to older adult patrons.
Join the Sandburg Society today with a gift of $1,000 or more. In thanks, our members receive:
- Honor Roll listing in the annual Partnership Report and on the Library Foundation’s website
- Invitations to special literary receptions and author talks
- Complimentary copy of annual One Book, One Chicago selection
- Priority reserved seating for author talks at Chicago Public Library
- Household subscription to the quarterly Bookmark newsletter
All donations are tax deductible as allowed by law. The Chicago Public Library Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization: EIN 36-3480353.