Library lovers, this one’s for you! Here are some ways to support CPL and get involved with our community.
If you love Chicago Public Library, you’re in the right place. The Chicago Public Library Foundation is a community of Library champions who accelerate the Library’s mission of providing free access to lifelong learning opportunities across all 81 branches.
As the fundraising partner of CPL, we fund programs that go above and beyond what people think a Library can do—whether that’s providing free afterschool homework help, one-on-one digital literacy lessons, summer learning activities for families, and safe spaces and professional development opportunities for teens.
So, how can you join us and support your Library?
- Donate. A gift of any level supports lifelong learning programs and resources at Chicago Public Library, from the signature Teacher in the Library program to digital literacy lessons with a CyberNavigator, free craft workshops at the Maker Lab, and creative leadership opportunities for teens.
- Read our stories of success and stay connected! We update our blog regularly with the latest stories from the branches and library community news — and we share real-time updates from CPL branches on our social media pages. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter , and subscribe to our newsletter to stay in the loop.
- Share your story with us. What do you love the most about your Library branch? How has our Library impacted your life? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your story with us.
- Attend events. Library Foundation events are great ways to join our local community of Library lovers and also have a great time. From trivia nights to a party in the stacks, you’re sure to enjoy yourself.
- Visit your library. If you’re the Library lover we know you are, you’re already doing this one. Keep visiting and using your local library branch! For a full list of CPL hours, click here.
There are many ways to get involved with us – choose the ones that feel right to you! Thank you for powering our Library.