Every summer, Chicago’s students are at risk of losing more than 2 months’ worth of math and reading skills. YOU can change that.
Support the Summer Learning Challenge in more ways than one:
- Become a social media ambassador. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & LinkedIn and share the many great stories happening in your local branch.
- Join the Curious Movement! Subscribe to BOOKMARK, our monthly e-newsletter and read about the difference your local library makes in your community!
- Show your library pride! Shop Chicago Public Library Swag. Proceeds benefit Summer Learning Challenge explorers.
- Make our summer learners smile every time you shop on Amazon Smile (Remember to select the Chicago Public Library Foundation as a recipient).
- Be a library champion! Share the library’s impact with your friends. Transform lives by giving Chicago’s kids, teens, and older patrons access and opportunity through a Facebook Fundraiser. Click here set up.
- Double the impact of your gift. Find out if your employer has a matching gift program. You can check here:
In 2018, more than 110,000 children participated in the Summer Learning Challenge, reading more than 108 million minutes. And it works! Our partners at Chapin Hall shows that Summer Learning Challenge participants demonstrate 15% reading gains and 20% math gains, compared to their peers who did not participate—thanks to you.
This year, help more students make the most of this summer.