We’re looking for individuals with digital skills who are passionate about helping their local community.
CyberNavigators are tech tutors who assist the public in using the Library’s computers, databases, online catalog, software, and other technology. CyberNavigators respond to requests for computer assistance, provide one-on-one tutoring sessions and teach classes on subjects such as Introduction to Computers and Internet.
CyberNavigators require a high level of teamwork, responsibility and customer focus as well as the ability to interact with youth, adults, and the general public in an appropriate manner.
- College student or graduate
- Familiarity with basic functions of software, email, and internet
- Commitment and ability to learn and use basics of automated library systems
TASKS AND DUTIES
- Responds to patron inquiries; Assists and trains patrons in computer related tasks
- Conducts one-on-one tutoring with patrons to help build digital skills
- Instructs classes on a variety of technology related subjects
- Updates class and tutoring materials as needed
- Operates a variety of equipment including desktop and laptop computers, printers, copiers
- Performs basic technical maintenance when needed
- Contributes to daily record and statistics keeping
- Resolves less complex technical problems immediately; Refers more complex reference and technology issues to senior level library staff
Interested applicants should contact Lisa Carroll at email@example.com. Please include a resume and a brief personal statement, no more than 500 words.